£50000 - £60000 per annum
Are you looking to work with a leading national contractor?
Interested in working on large academy based in Cumbria valued over £30million?
Interested in new environment with generous leading salary and tax free subsistence?
our client are a leading bluechip contractor with leading clients working major projects.
Our client are looking for an experienced Project Commercial Manager to control costs and monitoring all commercial aspects of a development from pretender enquiries through to subcontractor final account.
Responsible for all Quantity Surveyors and Senior QS's
The post holder is responsible for assisting the Commercial Director in maintaining Departmental structure to achieve Company and Departmental objectives; and for ensuring best practice and working closely with the Commercial Director.
• Assist Quantity Surveyor in preparation of subcontract enquiry list for approval by the Commercial Director and Construction Director.
• Prepare budgets for the pre-tendering process for both the QS and the Buyer.
• Analyses tenders with the QS and make recommendations to the Commercial Director.
• Ensure that QS and Buyer are achieving the full potential of the tenders.
• Vet all subcontract orders with QS prior to authorising orders.
• In conjunction with Purchasing Department input into the preparation of Bills of Quantities for nonstandard designs
• Ensure that the Subcontract Procurement Schedule is updated weekly in accordance with the company's requirements
• Create price sets to enable QS's to make payments
• Check payments with QS prior to authorisation
• Create house bills from price sets going through with both QS and Buyer
• Prepare and evaluate site works budgets
• Prepare full site budget on and present to the Commercial Director
• Assemble draft budget estimate for review with the Commercial Director.
• Liaise with QS's with regards to payment times / runs
If you have any questions, or would like to apply please send your CV to Wyn at WRS ASAP