£33000 - £35000 per annum
This vacancy has now expired.
Mechanical Day Fitter (Engineer)
Required to join the engineering team at a well-established industry leading recycling facility in the North West looking to increase their workforce to assist in continuous improvements on site.
You will be responsible for making sure that all plant and machinery has constant availability with minimal downtime. Ensure both preventative and corrective maintenance is carried out in a timely manner and complies with all internal and external policies
Perform all requested engineering duties to include modifications and re-engineering of plant as required. Carry out the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of all plant equipment.
Days - 8am-4.30pm
- Ongoing maintenance of Screens and Conveyor Belts within the plant, and overhaul of GPP control panel, cleaning, checking tightness of connections
- Liaise closely with the production manager / team leaders / factory manager to ensure all outstanding issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Manage and organise all contractor repairs and maintenance on site to minimise disruption to the plant.
- Install / maintain and update the stores system on site.
- Monitor and maintain good housekeeping within the stores/ workshop/ container areas and across all site.
- Record all machinery defects, corrective actions and repairs on shift reports.
- Oversee contractors on relevant plant sections during annual shutdowns as requested by Engineering Manager.
- Ensure adequate supplies of the key products are on site all times.
- Ensure all utilities have a maintenance programme in place which is documented to include planned site visits and reports. Support further development of these programmes.
- Organize shadow boards across the plant where regular routine maintenance takes place. Ensure tools are maintained.
- Ensure all plant lifting / access equipment is kept in good condition, inspected and stored correctly.
- It is expected that the maintenance Engineer (electrical) will carry out mechanical works as and when required.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering HND/HNC/ONC or BTEC Level 3 equivalent is essential
- Previous experience working as a Maintenance Engineer in a process plant is essential; with a FMCG, Process, recycling or chemical background (min 5 years)
- Good knowledge of conveying systems and large rotating plant.
- Disassembly, inspection and rebuild of pump conveying equipment
- Fault finding and preventative maintenance experience.
- Working knowledge of process hydraulics and pneumatics
- Working knowledge of transmission components, gearboxes, bearing.
- Working knowledge of heat exchangers, plate and coil in tube
- Very good standard of both MIG and TIG repair / fabrication.
Please do not apply unless you have relevant experience & qualifications
If you think you are ready to take on a new challenge, apply now or contact Vicki on 0161 926 2525 or email@example.com for further information