This vacancy has now expired.
Naval Architect - Netherlands
WRS are currently looking for a fulltime Naval Architect / Project Engineer.
As Naval Architect / Project Engineer you will be responsible for the development of the design of their two new Semisubmersibles under construction.
You will be in close collaboration with the new build department and will focus on the basic design of new concepts and major modifications according to the company procedures, safety guidelines and international statutory regulations.
• A degree in Marine engineering/Naval architecture or equivalent;
• Minimal 3 years' experience in a similar position (naval architect, project engineer);
• Good working knowledge of the following programs or similar: AutoCAD, Autoship,
• Autohydro/Pias, FEM packages (Staad, Maestro etc.) and preferably with Rhinoceros 3D;
• Experience in taking part of a new build program/team;
• Willing to travel and occasionally work at shipyards worldwide;
• Reporting to the New build Project Manager.
• Minimal 4 years' experience in new build offshore semisubmersibles and/or large DP units;
• Experience in Drawings Approval Process;
• Class society experience is a pre;
• Good language & social skills, both written and spoken (English and preferably Dutch).
The client will offer;
• A varied, international working environment with a lot of responsibility;
• A dedicated team where every member strives for the best team results;
• Prominent international career opportunities;
Interested and suitable applicants should apply directly to Scott Redfern using the links provided.
Please be aware unsuitable candidates will not be considered but will be placed on our database for future work.