£30000 - £40000 per annum
This vacancy has now expired.
Are you looking to work with a leading main contractor with an enviable reputation?
Are you looking to apply pre-construction surveying whilst working with a main contractor?
Our client are looking for a Preconstruction Quantity Surveyor this is a vital and integral part of the team which requires a knowledgeable and supportive person.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Managing Consultant Contracts
• Negotiating the terms and conditions of our Consultant Appointments, Collateral Warranties and Novations.
• Formalising the final agreed schedule of amendments for incorporation in to the final draft of the
• Appointment, Warranty or Novation.
• Keeping a register of allowable amendments to the deed of Appointment.
• Advising and supporting Pre-construction and Commercial staff, answering their contract queries, advising them of the most appropriate documentation to use, demonstrating and helping where necessary to put together the contractual documentation correctly.
• Handing over Consultant appointment documentation to Operations staff at main contract award. Managing Consultant Payments during Pre-Construction Stage
• Creating new consultant accounts on the payment portal.
• Overseeing the correct administration of the payment procedures.
• Paying consultants once approval has been provided from the relevant design manager.
• Resolving any payment queries from Consultants.
• Issuing payment/payless notices where necessary. External Valuations
• Preparing external valuations/applications where applicable.
• Ensuring cash collection in line with Contract Terms.
• Logging and collating data from the responses on Sectors, Turn Over, Location etc....
• Negotiating any Deed of Appointment amendments which may be required for each shortlisted Consultant.
• Develop KPI's for measurement of performance of our Consultant payment protocol.
• Assist in development of a protocol for administering the supply chain.
• Good data interrogation skills
• Good Excel skills (incl. formula development)
• QS degree or equivalent training with in-depth relevant contract experience
• Contractual awareness
• Negotiating, communication and presentation skills Desirable Criteria
• Experience of management accounts
• Accounting skills
• Excellent Access skills
• Remeasurement skills
• Commercial contractor exposure
If you have any other requirements or would like to apply, please send your CV to Wyn at WRS