Oil and Gas Consultant
Back to jobs
WRS are looking for a Principal or Senior Electrical Engineer for a major O&G EPC based in London. This is a contract position due to run up to July 2023
- Implement project/client requirements into electrical design.
- Prepare electrical load list, schematic diagrams, single line diagrams, cable schedules, MCC Schedule, DB Schedule and MTO using Smart Plant Electrical.
- Perform Insulation coordination and transient study using PSCAD or EMTP software.
- Perform calculations for equipment sizing, UPS, cable sizing, lighting, grounding, and heat tracing.
- Prepare specifications, data sheets, cable schedules and interconnection schedules.
- Produce material take-off and material requisition.
- Review Bids and Technical Evaluation.
- Design and checking of single lines, schematics and wiring diagrams, area classification, grounding, panel/cable schedules, equipment layout, cable layout, tray layout, lighting, and installation details without supervision.
- Review and coordinate electrical 3D model with the other disciplines.
- Review and coordinate electrical 2D AutoCAD/ Micro-station drawings. Supervise and coordinate the activity of a small group of drafters, junior/intermediate designers and/or junior/intermediate engineers.
- Review vendor drawings (Electrical as well as Package Vendors documents).
- Visit construction/plant sites and fabrication shops during design phase on as required basis.
- Provide construction support and perform pre-commissioning and start-up activities for electrical systems when required
- Sizing and selection of Low and high voltage equipment, Transformer, Switchgear, Large VFDs, AC/ DC UPS systems etc.
- Design of cabling, lighting. earthing and lightning protection systems including calculations and layout.
- Development of specifications and philosophies
- Power Systems Studies (ETAP or equivalent- preferred).
- Meeting with Client / Vendors
- Calculations of cable size, load list,
- Review of Inter discipline documents.