This vacancy has now expired.
Opportunities to work on new facilities with imminent 17m future investment do not come along very often. Working with leading innovation and processes it will give exciting challenges to people that want to exceed career expectations. A great future and well cared for personnel, competitive salaries and leading benefits packages, plus the opportunity to develop with training and qualifications.
One of the UK's leading producers, privately owned with growth a development a key strategy for the future. Started production in the region recently and represents an initial capital investment of around £17 million.
Main Purpose of Job
Managing the operational team within the process plant, delivering and ensuring maximum plant and Health, Safety and Environmental performance to agreed targets and KPI's.
• Operational Activities
• Manage the team to ensure the achievement of target performance for the process, as indicated by business targets such as quality, output, and attendance.
• On call at night and weekends depending on rota.
• Deputise for the Plant Manager in their absence.
• Liaise with the Plant Manager to review performance of operators throughout the shift using the PCS and shift walk around.
• Monitor plant performance and communicate progress against targets to shift personnel.
• Liaise with the Plant Manager to ensure maximum plant utilisation by appropriate prioritising and allocation of tasks.
• Ensure all equipment is kept in good condition and stored correctly
• Ensure Preventative Maintenance is carried out on plant equipment as required in a timely manner. Develop systems procedures and analyse data, developing appropriate Capex projects.
• Liaise with the Plant Manager to identify training and development requirements for
• production team and assist the HR Team in planning training for individuals and teams
• Oversee the work of the operators, offer advice, direction and guidance to those on shift
• Actively promote a team-working environment and always lead by example.
• Ensure departmental housekeeping is of a high standard.
• Ensure all work undertaken is done so in accordance with company policy and in a safe manner.
Health and Safety
• Ensure a thorough knowledge of your Health & Safety responsibilities.
• Always wear Personal Protective Equipment as required. Take responsibility for your own PPE ensuring appropriate storage and care.
• Always strive to work in a manner safe to yourself and others and report any hazards immediately.
• Ensure all staff and visitors operate in compliance with Safety regulations
• Full responsibility for the safety of team members
• Actively participate in addressing Safety, Health and Environmental issues affecting the production areas, ensuring the relevant S, H&E checks are carried out.
• Full knowledge of the Plant Emergency Procedures and associated responses are required
• Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company's policies and legislation
• Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values.
• To comply with all legal, regulatory and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
• Participate in training and personal development activities as required
• Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role; Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
Qualifications/ Knowledge & Experience
Degree in Engineering or Science discipline would be advantageous
Relevant H&S qualification i.e NEBOSH, managing safely
Specific Knowledge, Experience & Skills
• Previous experience working in a process plant is essential; with a FMCG, Process, Chemical background
• Degree in Engineering or Science discipline would be advantageous
• Relevant H&S qualification i.e NEBOSH, managing safely
• Previous supervisory experience is required; knowledge of shift working/operation would be desirable
• Knowledge and understanding of current legislation and compliance, i.e. IPCC, EA, HSE
• Project management / Best Practice experience; continuous Improvement mentality
• Candidate must be able to work under pressure, solution driven, pragmatic, with the ability to command respect, motivate a team, and actively promote a team-working environment