My client is a main contractor, working on projects ranging from £15 Million to £80 Million projects. They are looking for an experienced, driven and confident Project Director to join their rapidly growing North West Office. You will be managing multi-million pound residential, mixed-use and commercial projects. The role will be based in the North West with the majority of projects being in Liverpool and Manchester, the company is offering a competitive salary with benefits and fantastic career progression. You will be reporting to the Operations Director and hold the responsibility of managing multiple sites, clients, sub-contractors and staff members.
- Qualification in Construction or Engineering
- Held a Project Director or equivalent position previously on similar construction projects.
- Excellent understanding of Health & Safety legislations.
- Broad knowledge of construction techniques with high technical expertise across many types of construction and forms of contract.
- Experience of successfully completing large projects (>£20-50m) and some medium or high-rise residential experience
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- High level of commercial understanding and excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to develop and monitor robust programmes on complex multi-disciplinary projects.
- A clear track record of successfully managing project teams
- Ensure safety targets and standards are maintained by fostering a continuous improvement culture by actively seeking input from all members of the project team and encouraging them to implement safety improvements
- Manage commercial and business risk to achieve targets
- Understand the relevant Contract terms and conditions for each project
- Proactively manage the customer relationship during delivery, including change and decision making to effectively manage expectations, and maintain long-term relationship
- Assist in procuring work by maintaining and developing industry contacts and liaising with Business Development
- Monitor and approve cost targets and financial forecasts to maximise profitability
- Ensure external consultants (e.g. design) are rigorously managed to enable delivery driving value, customer focus and achievement of the project's objectives
- Ensure defects and any post completion issues to maintain a positive customer relationship and repeat business performance levels are managed
- Ensure effective records are maintained and kept for project delivery and regularly report on project progress, risks and issues to senior management - Lead, manage and deliver operational excellence and efficiency through implementation of planning, risk, project controls and change controls
- Ensure that labour and materials are efficiently managed, where self-executing works and monitor expenditure in accordance with the agreed Project Schedule and budget
- A fantastic salary is on offer with great benefits.
For more details on this and similar roles, please contact Sean Collard at WRS