£75000 - £100000 per annum, Benefits: Car or £6k allowance, pension, healthcare and bonus
This vacancy has now expired.
Senior Quality Engineer with extensive heavy Civils Construction for major project…
This is an extremely exciting opportunity for a highly experienced and proven Senior QA Engineer to work on one of the UK's major Civils Construction projects and really stamp their mark in terms of setting up the Quality Management system completely from scratch…
The Client and Projects
This well-established Construction Group which has an enviable reputation throughout its global offices in Europe, Middle East and Africa and America. It manages multiple major projects throughout these regions to in excess of £1billion in value.
Due to the award of several new major schemes in their Civils Construction Division, the business critical requirement has been created as detailed below:-
Based in the Southwest of the UK and reporting directly into the Quality Lead, the Senior QA Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Quality Leader to ensure the processes needed for the management system are properly established, implemented and maintained (completely from scratch).
- Support the establishment of the Quality Management System including plans, procedures, guides, templates, training materials and tools primarily by providing guidance and comment, and as agreed with the Quality Leader, assistance in preparation.
- Provide guidance and in particular systematically comment the engineering deliverables required for work execution such as Method development, Method Statements, Inspection & Test Plans, Quality Record templates, Quality Dossiers, End of Construction Status Reports, Work Instructions, and so on, as agreed with the Quality Leader, assist in preparation.
- Provide guidance on the selection and application of sampling plans based on ISO2859 for quality control and quality surveillance.
- Review that the QMS and engineering deliverables are established in accordance with local regulations, Contract requirements, applicable standards such as ISO9001, ISO14001, OSHA and OHSAS18001, and Best Management Practices.
‐ Support the implementation of the quality management system through quality training and coaching.
Monitor that the processes are delivering their intended outputs
‐ Identify, plan and conduct surveillance checks and audits to verify that management system and work processes are being properly performed, that the processes are delivering their intended outputs, and that evidence to demonstrate this is retained. Auditing will be a key part of the role and workload.
‐ Ensure non-conformances in products and processes are identified and resolved through a system that ensures corrective and preventive actions are properly defined and implemented.
Report on the performance of the management system, on opportunities for improvement, and on the need for change or innovation
‐ Monitor and report the performance of the Quality Management Systems and work execution processes to ensure conformance of the works and achievement of objectives through reviews, monitoring, audits, inspections and analysis.
‐ Based on ISO2859, support reporting on statistical confidence of the quality being achieved.
Promote awareness of project requirements and customer focus throughout the organization
‐ Promote the various management policies, objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs).
‐ Ensure those responsible to implement the Quality Management System have been sufficiently trained on the system and their respective responsibilities, including related objectives and KPIs.
Ensure the integrity of the management system is maintained when changes are planned and implemented
‐ Periodically review and update the Quality Management System documents, in particular the Plans, to ensure they remain applicable throughout the project life cycle
- Will have extensive experience in Civils Construction from a quality perspective
- Proven experience of setting up and implementing Quality Management Systems from inception to completion
- Ideally degree qualified in Civil Engineering (but not essential)
In addition you will be advances in:-
a) Audit and Inspection
b) External regulation / IS0 9001
c) Management system control & knowledge
d) Quality control, inspection and test
e) Assurance Risk management
Salary and Package
Due to the seniority of the role the client is paying from £75k - £100k+ basic, plus car or £6, 000 allowance, pension, health care, annual leave and performance bonus.
Interviews are being held with the Senior HR Manager and Quality Lead now. For suitable applicants WRS Ltd will provide full details on the client, projects and role.