WRS is an MLC Compliant Crewing Agency, adhering to the stipulations of the Maritime Labour Convention 2006.
What does it mean to be MLC Compliant?
What this means is that WRS has passed audits regarding the procedures and working practices we have put in place. Certain procedures were put in place to be able to achieve compliance; many of them were things we have always done as a trusted crewing agent.
What does it mean to our clients?
MLC 2006 compliance means that:
• We will ensure that seafarers placed are qualified for the role and will provide assurance by undertaking reference checks
• We will maintain an up-to-date register of all seafarers placed through us
• We will examine and respond to any complaints and advise the flag state of any which are unresolved
What does it mean to seafarers?
WRS’ status as an MLC Compliant Crewing Agency means that:
• We will never charge recruitment fees to seafarers
• Under MLC 2006 you will be provided with travel, medical and sickness insurance
• We will never operate any blacklists
• We will inform seafarers of their rights and duties prior to onboarding
• Your employment agreements are in accordance with flag state laws and regulations
A copy of WRS’ MLC Compliance Certificate is available on request.
Looking to discuss your upcoming Crewing Strategy?