Back to jobs
WRS are looking for a Senior Structural Integrity Engineer to work in a contract position in Aberdeen for a major operator.
- Providing structural inspection and integrity management support to North Sea assets ensuring compliance with corporate, regulatory, operational, and commercial requirements.
- Implement, maintain & develop the Structural Integrity Management System on nominated asset(s).
- Focal point for all structural integrity issues on nominated asset(s).
- Maintains MCDR register (ONE-Aim) and ensures all structural defects are assessed in accordance with procedure with remedial actions in place to mitigate risk (if required) and ensure close out of MCDR in suitable time frame.
- For structural MCDRs requiring engineering ROs to address provide support to Operations by ensuring RO register is maintained and through attendance at monthly RO meeting.
- Ensure accuracy of all Structural Integrity KPIs in Process Safety Dashboard. Provide monthly comments to all Red and Amber PSD KPIs.
- Ensure structural elements of weekly inspection plans and monthly inspection progress reports from Inspection Contractor are accurate.
- Ensure that annual subsea structural inspection scopes are implemented by the Subsea Inspection Engineer and review results and anomalies.
- Experience within structural engineering discipline in the oil and gas industry.
- Ability to read and interpret commonly used engineering drawings and data sets used in support of structural inspection activities.
- Detailed knowledge of the uses and limitations of commonly applied structural inspection techniques applied topsides and subsea e.g., Eddy Current Inspection, Magnetic Particle Inspection, Alternating Current Field Measurement, Flooded Member Detection, CP system survey.
- Awareness of the key degradation mechanisms associated with the deterioration of offshore structures e.g., corrosion, fatigue, fretting.
- Knowledge of UK offshore operations and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of hazard identification and risk assessment techniques and their application to the development and maintenance of asset integrity programs.
- Ability to manage and supervise sub-contracted organisations and personnel, manage budget and plans.
- Experience of the contract tendering/award process and in contract/vendor services management.
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- Chartered Engineer status with an appropriate engineering council registered body
- Postgraduate or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Current Offshore Medical, BOSIET & MIST.