Oil and Gas Consultant
Back to jobs
WRS are working on behalf of a major EPC and are looking for an In-Country HR Manager based in Dar es Salaam .
In brief the role includes
In brief the role includes
- Developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Bridging management and supporting external agencies and local partners with their employee relations by addressing demands, grievances, or other issues.
- Oversight and liaison working in partnership within country Talent Acquisition Lead in the recruitment progress and processes which are provided by local agencies and local partners
- Supporting the external subcontractors and local agencies in managing project commitments to satisfy regulatory requirements associated with employment laws
- Taking full ownership of the Client HR processes to ensure fitness-for-purpose and accurate and timely input/engagement by actors, users and local subcontractors and local agencies
- Manage the regulatory process associated with the aspects of human resources in partnership with local subcontractors and local recruitment agencies
- Support current and future project needs through the development, engagement, motivation and retention of key people and teams.
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, action plans and procedures across the organization
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Support local partners and local recruitment agencies to ensure they manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- In partnership with the local partners and local recruitment agencies assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs, with the support/representation of Functional/Discipline Managers, the Training Manager and Local/National Content Manager
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics/dashboards, including performance on recruitment, visa obtainment, retention etc.
- Working with local partners and local agencies on training, advising, and monitoring managers in the effective application of HR processes.
- In partnership with the In Country Talent Acquisition Lead evaluate performance of employment agencies in each Host Country, providing reports to management highlighting positive and improvement areas.
- Develop and distribute required reports to EPcmC Management in a timely manner.
- HR Manager to accompany the LC/NC Manager to events with the purpose of creating excellent working relationships with the Authorities, Business and Educational Communities and on occasion Local Communities along the Right of Way.
- Efficiently manage budgets (resource planning and third-party services) to deliver cost effective program delivery to support the business and to budgets.
- Identify and report nonconformity to HR obligations, nominating corrective and preventative actions.
- Set clear objectives and targets for the HR team, aligned to overall project objectives and targets
- Drive a contract driven approach to delivering the successful achievement of commitments.
- Conducting research on new laws and regulations (labour law, industrial relations, immigration, taxation) that could impact an organization’s operations
- Significant experience designing and implementing local content policies, strategies, plans and procedure to deliver employment outcomes to satisfy local content regulatory requirements.
- Significant experience in Succession Planning and Nationalisation.
- Experienced in effectively managing a cross function team of HR professionals.
- Experience in successfully implementing training and support programs across different cultures.
- Well-developed attention to detail and planning.
- Highly organised multitasker.
- A passion for training and the development of local personnel.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Works well in a remote environment and can contribute as a part of a team