Back to jobs
Position: Sheet Metal Superintendent
- Bonus + Company Truck with Gas Card
- Free Medical (100% company-paid base plan)
- HSA, Dental, Vision
- Life & Disability Insurance
- 401K, ESOP, PTO, EAP
- Wellness Incentives, Learning & Career Advancement
- Apprenticeship Programs and More!
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, and submittals for project understanding.
- Assemble procurement orders for materials, equipment, and tools.
- Adjust work sequences to meet construction schedules.
- Evaluate abilities of Foremen and workers for optimal job placement.
- Estimate man-hour requirements and study schedules for job completion.
- Analyze and resolve work problems.
- Maintain time records and conduct timely performance appraisals.
- Make cost estimates for contracts when necessary.
- Interpret company policies and enforce safety regulations.
- Follow HR procedures for hiring, terminations, and disciplinary actions.
- Understand and apply Lean principles and processes.
- Strong understanding of SMACNA, Florida Building, and AHCA codes.
- Ability to troubleshoot Test and Balance issues.
- Adept at working with coordinated shop drawings from BIM and remodel projects.
- Knowledge of labor tracking.
- Completion of apprenticeship program and appropriate journeyman experience preferred.
- OSHA30, CPR/1st Aid, Qualified Rigging and Signaling, Forklift, Fall Protection, Scissor lift.
- Prioritize safety with necessary PPE.
- Ensure receipt of safety equipment and commit to its use.
- Good vision and clear hearing and speech with professional standard grammar.
- Full use of hands, fingers, arms, and legs.
- Ability to kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, balance, climb stairs, reach overhead, push, pull, lift, and stoop.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.