Back to jobs
On behalf of a major E&P client in Malaysia, I am searching for a Senior Geophysicist Engineer to be based in their Kuala Lumpur office, on a 3 year renewable contract
- Carry out 3D and 2D seismic interpretation, including stratigraphic and trace attribute interpretation and mapping, including depth conversion to generate prospects and leads.
- Apply quantitative interpretation (QI) techniques such as seismic reservoir characterization and AVO analysis to optimize exploration, appraisal and development of hydrocarbon pools.Identify leads and mature suitable prospects to a ready-to-drill category. Provide technical input into well proposal and post-drill analysis. Liase with drilling and reservoir engineers to optimally plan well trajectories/well design for exploration and appraisal drilling.Integrate existing and new well and seismic interpretations into regional and prospect assessments and databases. Provide technical support to G&G Team in developing regional play, prospect risking and ranking.
- Relevant degree with a preference for postgraduate qualifications
- Minimum 8 years of multi-basin experience in exploration / appraisal / field development geophysics interpretation and reservoir characterisation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of seismic attribute analysis and rock physics. Able to apply Quantitative Interpretation (QI) techniques and incorporate them into the modeling process.
- Experience in incorporating multiple data types and data sets to generate an integrated and comprehensive interpretation, particularly in areas with poor to limited data.